Saturday, July 28, 2007

So-Hot Saturday


Actually, Monty Q, I was referring to the weather around here lately. We have been having a "heat wave" which for us here in New England is three consecutive days of 90F+ (32C) temperatures. Our poor friends in Catifornia, or New Mexicat wouldn't say that is hot at all. But here we have humidity. When something called the "dew point" is above 70, it is considered "oppressive."

So right now this minute, here in New Hampster, (at 7:30 AM) the temperature is 72F (22C), the humidity is 94% and the dew point is 70. That means it's nasty and icky and sticky.

Yesterday the temperature was 93F (34C), and the dew point was 73. Yesterday was terrible. I even stayed in the sewing room with Mom while she had the Air Colditioner machine running (with the door closed) for a while.

A-N-Y-W-A-Y... this is my way of saying that when we have weather like this, doing a Full Monty (or a variation) is simply a way to cool off. I have been practicing my Full Montys, trying to find a pose that will really, you know, knock the judge's socks off.

Or send Monty Q in the icebox for the day...

(Millie, Be Nice! Don't tease poor Monty)

He told me not to stop doing the Full Monty on his account!


~~~~~~~
I have been tagged for the proverb meme, and also for the Schmooze award, and I didn't forget, but I have been busy (hot) and I'm working on them...

13 comments:

HRH Yao-Lin said...

I hope it cools down soon guys! It is pretty humid here but very rainy which is horrid. xx

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Ugh, we haf dat weather here too. It's furry hot and hoomid and we needed rain. When it finally did rain the ground was so dry and hard dat most of it ran off. Mom still hasta go out and weed and water! She comes back in all drippy.

Lux said...

I'm sorry it's been so hot where you are, Millie, and I hope it breaks and cools off soon!

Lux from New Mexicat

Kimo and Sabi said...

We fink you are doin' a flirty 3/4 Monty1

Tyler said...

It must feel good to escape to the sewing room on those extra humid days. We're used to dry heat here in California. We moved here to our air conditioned condo from an even hotter apartment that had NO AC. I feel so soory for the peoples and the animals who have to suffer in the heat and coldl because they don't have homes or their homes don't have coolers.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Gee, we have A/C alla time, an we love it. We go out and heat up in the lovely warm, and come inside to cool down after.

We also love it that we haven't been rained on for at least 2 Big Moons. The Big Thing doesn't seem to be so happy about that though.

Does he want us to get all rained on?

Milton said...

Millie,
Come visit me in cool San Francisco! Its the famous fog that keeps us nice and cool.
Mine mombean talked to her dadbean in Mass-achoo-zits today and he sez its sticky there too. Well, just keep your tummy in the breeze and I hope it gets better there soon.
---Beezer

Samantha & Mom said...

Hope you have a cool down soon. We understand humidity here in Florida, and we have been getting rain, so it feels like a sauna. Very nice pose.

Gretchen said...

I'm sorry your having such hot weather. You must have gotten our hot weather from a week ago. It's nice this week. Your Monty practicing is looking good.

The Fluffy Tribe said...

that does sound sooper sticky, it nefer even got thats humid in poiland much ~The Fluffy Tribe

Monty Q. Kat said...

Practing...good! :D

Why are my sock monkey socks everywhere?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah, it is really hot~!
Also here, this year so far, Taipei the highest temperature is 38.7C.

I just can't stand near the window glass.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

that is a great full monty