Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not-So Easy on Sunday

It is a lovely day out. Sunny, clear skies and not too warm. I have been napping on Mom's bed. But Mom... holey schmoley... she's running around moving stuff here and there. She's cleaning, and she's like a crazy bean. Why all the fuss?

Because we -might- and I do mean -might- as opposed to -will-, be having a guest visiting later this week. This person is a Very Special Person, and Mom wants the house all spiffy clean.

She's even going to bake cookies.

I am going to stay out of her way.

Who is the Very Special Person that -might- be visiting? Mom won't tell me. But I gotta say this person must mean a lot to Mom because she won't even do any sewing until The House Is Clean.

And she says she'll take away my stinky goodness if I so much as drop a hint.

So I'm just gonna nap right here on the bed and mind my own business.

11 comments:

The Furry Bambinos said...

Millie, is it a coincidence that SheBean is away from home right now? Inquiring kittehs want to know.

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, and Cookie and Caramel (the fosters)

Max said...

Your Mom is doing it wrong. She should save the cleaning until she had the guest to help! They can make a party of it! Well, that's what I would do. For every item that gets cleaned, you get a swig of the Niptini...It's like a GAME!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh yeah, Max has da right idea...mom cleans, yoo get nipped. Cool.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jans Funny Farm said...

We think you made a wise choice, Millie!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Our Mom has been a crazy woman all weekend too! And we aren't even expecting a Maybe visitor! We sis exactly what you are doing! found a quite place to nap.

We hope you enjoyed your nap and that your May be visitor shows up

Brian's Home Blog said...

It will be Ok Millie, company is a good thing...makes humans happy. Just nap & ignore.

Megan said...

Millie - I think it's MONTY who's coming. Wowee. I don't mean to be rude, but if it is Monty, perhaps you might like to 'clean yourself up' a bit in preparation too? I mean, you'd wanna look your best, wouldn't you . . . if it's Monty. Just in case.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh Bast, when the Beins "bake cookies", that is serious...

Unknown said...

We iz not ebben' gonna ask you who it might be cuz we don't want youz to not have youz stinky goodness...dat would be horrible!

Amy & the house of cats said...

I am very curious who your guest will be - I can't wait to find out.I hope it is someone you like a lot!