Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Fifteen!

 

um, Mom, I was napping.

Oh! Well. I am fifteen. WHO would have thought I would live such a life when I got hit by a car and almost went to the bridge when I was just a few weeks old. I really got lucky. I won the proverbial jackpot. I got Mom, a good home and a great job.

I still work. I still perform the QA work on Mom's quilts, making sure they are soft and full of love and hugs. It's still my job to cover them with my furs and my special Millie scent, to make sure the love Mom puts into them stays there, no matter how far they travel to their homes (right Megan?)
 

I snoopervise when Mom "werks." It's pretty boring though, so I take little catnaps. I still catch the mice that try to sneak in the house. I still check out the neighborhood every day when Mom lets me out on the porch. I still make sure to get my treats at the right time each night. I make sure to get my scritches on the regular too.

And believe it or not, I get on Mom's lap. Yeah, I know it took a long time to train her to sit just right so I would feel comfortable there, but I finally got it to work. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes things just.. well. You know.

So yeah, I'm Fifteen! I'm still perfect in every way. And I still love Mom. I mean, I've always loved Mom, but now that I am an Older Kitty, I just don't care what other kits and kats might think. I'm good.


Really.


12 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Happy birthday Miss M. We hope you get lots of treats and snuggles with your mom.

Julie and poppyq
Xxx

Cherie in St Louis said...

Cheers!!’ Happy birthday, Millie. This means I’ve been following your mom for more than 15 years....wow! From such a horrible, awful beginning, you ended up with the perfect mom and no one deserves her more than you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wishing you the purr-iest of Purry Birthdays, Millie -- you are super special indeed. Thanks for all the furs you've shared with so many of us during your first fifteen years!

AnnieO said...

Happy Birthday to you! Glad you met your Mom at just the right moment—to make it to 15 is a big deal.

Mickey's Musings said...

Happy 15th Birthday Millie!!!
Mum remembers your story and how you came to live in your forever home :)
Purrs you have more fun birthdays too!
Purrs, Julie

Megan said...

It's been grand life indeed, Millie. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

meowmeowmans said...

Happy 15th birthday, Millie!

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday Miss M. I am Pixie-a feral--in your reverse colors. I will be 15 in June. Unlike you, I still live out side, but my human loves me--feeds me--pets me--brushes me--lets me come into the house--I just get too nervous to stay in the house, so I still live outside. But my human has a quilt for me to sleep on and it has a heating pad inside of it so I don't get cold in the winter. You are very lucky. But I think I am too :-)

Jamie Marie said...

Happy birthday, Millie!

Susan R said...

Happy Birthday Millie! I remember when you were just wee kat and I've been following you and your mom ever since then. I introduced you to my sweet Sadie when she came to live with me and she loved reading about your adventures (especially the ones when you went on vacations with your mom.). Sadie went to the bridge a year and a half ago and her spirit told me she's ready to have "me" put myself up for adoption again...so I'm hoping a new kat will like me soon. I'll let you know how that goes. I hope your fifteenth birthday is wonderful and you get some special surprises today. I truly love you Millie.

Susan

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are so sorry to be delayed in replying, but the puter is not been "commentally-friendly" lately.

We are SO GLAD to see you are doing well. It has been a while. Happy 15th dear friend. May there be many more years...

Unknown said...

Still hard to believe it has been 15 years. Yeh, I'm another Millie-life-long follower. I also still have all the Gizzy quilts and PTU (Prisoner Transport Unit) quilts we got from Millie's mom, even though all three of my fur-babies have since crossed over the bridge. Good job Millie. Sending virtual scritches.