Tuesday, February 27, 2007

How to Make a Kitty Quilt - Step 5

Now that you have all those long pairs of strips, you cut them into smaller pieces. Since the kitty quilts are 24" square, Mom wants blocks 6" x 6" so she can use 16 of them in 4 rows of 4 to make the quilts. She cuts each strip into 3 of each of these sizes: 2-1/2"; 4-1/2" and 6-1/2".

She does this to all the strips she has sewn. She ends up with big stacks of chunks, like these.

Many strips have to be trimmed at one end so they are straight, so there are lots of leftover little pieces that aren't good for anything. She tosses these in a basket. For me.

3 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

Looks like those make a good kitty nest!

Milton said...

Millie, Millie, Millie!
I'm so excited!!!
My mom says that my quilt is flying! She says that it might even be here by the end of the end of the week.
I know that it will be great, because it was made just for me. I'll let you know when it gets here.
---Beezer

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Keep goin ~Merlin, sHadow, Ko Ko