Monday, November 20, 2006

A Biscotti Detour

Millie's Lady here:
Biscotti are "twice baked cookies." The dough is shaped into logs and baked, then cut into slices and baked again. They are generally less sweet than traditional cookies. They are very crunchy. They are dipped into wine or coffee. As an added bonus, they keep for weeks in a tin or when tightly covered. You can find them in expensive restaurants or in bakeries where they usually sell for about $1 each. They are a bit more work as the dough is usually very stiff (but I have a big heavy duty mixer so that isn't a problem for me). Yes, they make excellent gifts.

I have been baking my "Chocolate Pecan Mandlebrot" for several years now and they are always a hit. I have never found any anywhere that can compare.

I usually make four kinds of biscotti:
Chocolate Pecan Mandelbrot
Lemon Pistachio Biscotti
White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
Harvest's Black Pepper Biscotti

Here's Gizzy sitting next to a morning's work.

Find the Biscotti recipes here. You just have to give me a day or two to get them all in html for you.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gizzy if ya get some of the White Chocolate Cranberry for my person she'll make it worth your while. I mean she's got this nip that'll really send ya!

---Beezer

Anonymous said...

Ohh....the Woman is drooling! How come she doesn't make anything good like that??

Chase

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that Gizzy is supervising! That way you won't mess any of that hard work up!

Meowm says they look yummy!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That looks furry yummy. We don't fink we cud be as good as Gizzy. I fink we wud haf a closer look.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Yumm....it's like Temptations for Human Pets! Ever thought of selling those??????