Here is the tree today. It -appears- to have lost some leafs, but there is still a very stubborn bunch clinging to some of the higher branches, as you can see in the detailed photo below:
So, the contest continues. Nobody picked today, so while we have no winner, we do not have a loser.
I have some Friday Facts to correct some misconceptions, as indicated by some of the comments on yesterday's post.
1. I always liked being petted, but I didn't -ask- to be petted.
2. Gizzy -always- loved being petted, and sat in anybody's lap when he was a kit, but once he turned one, no laps for him. That lasted about 7 years, until Mr Karate went away one summer. Toward the end of the summer he got so lonely he climbed into Mom's lap, and was a lap cat the rest of his life.
3. Mom was (and still is) reading The Friday Night Knitting Club. No spoilers, please.
4. The Last Leaf Falls Contest will end on December 16, the last date chosen. Those last leafs will fall, but it might not be until Spring, when New Leafs take their place. If the leafs fall before then, oh well!
5. I still don't sit in anybody's lap.
6. Mom has picked me up exactly twice. First time was the moment we met, way back when. The second time was my last visit to the v-e-t. We were waiting for Dr. L, and I was on that metal table you all know about, trembling. Mom picked me up to try to soothe me. I let her hold me for about fifteen seconds then started wiggling. Mom put me down.
7. Pip-pay is home from rehab, and is walking around with a cane!