Sunday, February 27, 2022

Millie is Home

 


Because Millie meant so much to me, I chose a private cremation for her body, and asked for her ashes to be returned.

 

The folks at Lap of Love took care of everything and were wonderful to work with. Everything was handled with sensitivity, love and respect. I received a personal note from the at home vet, a certificate of cremation, information about grief, a printed copy of the story of the Rainbow Bridge (which, even though I already knew, brought me to tears when I read it). The addition of a packet of flower seeds was a lovely touch.

I put Millie's box on this table in my living room and spread the rose petals from the roses I had bought myself for Valentine's Day around it. I can't tell you how comforting it is to have her remains close by. I touch the box every day.




8 comments:

John Bellen said...

I am very sorry that Millie had to go, but while her spirit waits for you elsewhere, her earthly remains stay in your care. God bless you.

Dianna said...

I am so very sorry about your Millie. It is very hard when we lose our beloved pets.I have had several of my kitties cremated and the service that I use is so wonderful. My plan is to be cremated also and have asked my daughter to mix my ashes with all my kitties and spread us in the Smokey Mountains.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Millie's story was so powerful, especially at a time when it preceded so much that is now 'normal' rescues. She was such a spunky girl and that spirit still remains, and I am glad it brings you peace to her again with you at home.

Poppy Q said...

She's back home where she belongs now - by your side. She'll be watching over you and still feeling your love.

Julie and poppyq
Xxx

Unknown said...

That is absolutely beautiful and wonderful! Millie can truly R.I.P. at her home.

da tabbies o trout towne said...


=^..^=

we hope the flower seeds that you plant for Millie, bloom, and continue to do so; for all time ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

Nancy J said...

Millie is there with you, in a beautiful box with a carved lid, and her name engraved, a fitting place on your table with red rose petals, love surrounds her.XXXX

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It is a beautiful box, and the rose petals around it are lovely. We hope the seeds grow well and reflect her beauty as they grow.

The Lap Of Love seems to have done a wonderful effort.

Of course, that does not diminish the loss of your Darling Millie, but kindness and care helps. We will miss Millie...