Friday, November 27, 2015

Turkey Day WrapUp

Mom got through the day very well with all her preparation. We saw REAL wild turkeys outside in the neighbor's yard.


While the fam waited for the food to cook, I napped in my kitty condo all day long. Mom moved my tent and my foods, but it didn't matter. I stayed in the kitty condo until everybody went home.


The foods were very good, but I don't like turkey, so it was wasted on me.


Mr Big and PlusOne don't eat turkey, so Mom cooked them Chick-hen. And Plus One is very fussy about his mashed potatoes, so Mom made him a batch without green herbie things in it. She says next year he's gonna have to man up and just eat the stuff.


Everybody brought their own plastic containers to take the leftovers away, and that made Mom feel good. She's not a big fan of leftovers.

I got what I wanted (BEEF) and I was happy. Mom went to bed very tired.

On Friday it was very warm (60F and sunny) for the last weekend in November. Mom cleaned up the last of the turkey day dishes (mostly the glasses and serving stuff) and then put the table back to normal. She went outside and blew some leaves around and filled five bags full of leaves and junk, then she went food hunting. She's been sacked out on the couch ever since.

Have I told you lately how glad I am to be a cat?

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm pleased to hear that everything went smoothly for your mom's lunch and that you weren't too unsettled by all the bein visitors. Good show all round.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

What a great spread! I'm surprised you don't like turkey, Millie - I thought EVERY cat loved it! I know I do!

Pat said...

That all looks delicious, Millie. I'm with your mom about leftovers. I only want my turkey sandwich with cranberries the next day ... you can keep the rest.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

You had happy Beings there! And we trust ya got some beef...