Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Almost, But Not Quite

Mom has finished packing. The bureaus are empty. The drawers are empty. The cabinets are empty. The coldbox is (almost) empty. The bookcases are empty. The walls are bare. The basement is empty. The hallways are empty. The porch is empty. Even the big table has shrunk.

Today is not the day we implement the M-word, but it will happen very, very soon.  Mom was over there yesterday putting stuff away, hanging a blind in the kitchen and filling the coldbox there. Today some guys are going to suck the rugs and make them clean.  Yuk! I don't even want to think about that.

I do not like it this way. I want all my stuff. Mom says I shouldn't worry, that when she goes, I'll go too, but I have heard words like "tranks" and "cage" and I am pretty sure I won't be having a lot of fun.

I'll see you on the flip side, I guess.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I don't think you will be having a lot of fun, Millie, but the tranks will help enormously, and just wait until you get settled in on the flip side - you will be so happy, you'll know that it was all worth it.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mickey's Musings said...

This is a major upset Millie.
There will be an end soon.
We would not like it either.
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Monday walkers said...

Best wishes to you and your Mom for M day,Millie

Noela Sydney Australia.

Pat said...

Millie, just think of it as another chapter in your life of adventure. Good luck!!

Hannah and Lucy said...

No-one likes moving Millie but you'll be in your new home soon and have the new big kitty condo waiting for you.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

At least is is not far. It is not like you will have to spend days in the car!