Friday, May 31, 2013

What Were They Thinking?

I don't get it.  They rejected two of Mom's best quilts that she submitted to a show called "What's My Line?" I mean, are they blind? Mom is seriously awesome. She's the best quiltmaker I have ever seen. Her work is outstanding, her use of color is second-to-none and her fabric choices are impeccable. She's famous, and she has quilts all over the world.

I mean, I know I'm hardly objective, but STILL! Who are these jurors anyway? No cats I know, I'll bet.

Sigh.  At least -I- know my Mom is sixteen kinds of terrific.

11 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We LOVE yer window hammick!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Millie, I am stunned that quilts your human made did not get accepted too! There must be something wrong with the judge's eyes.

Megan said...

I'm disappointed for your mom. Give her a big hug from me please. We know that her choice of colours in her quilts is superb because you help pick the fabrics!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Angel Simba said...

That is mean of the quilt show judges. It must not be a good show!

Cherie in St Louis said...

What a disappointment for you and your mom. I think you should go to the show to check out the competition. Maybe the judges have a bias towards quilts using weird stuff, like paper towels or window screens instead of actual real fabrics. Although how you would make a work of art that is better than your mom's quilts using those things, I haven't a clue.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lots of purrs and lots of scritches-opportunities are needed . . . I'm with you about your mom being terrific!

MrsB said...

You said a mouthful, Millie. Pffft.

meowmeowmans said...

We're with you, Millie! What the heck were they thinking?

Queenie Believe said...

Dang! What a bummer! Obviously someone had big old blinders on when looking at your Mom's fabooo quilts!!
Hang in there!
Always, Queenie

Saku said...

Someone made a big mistake Millie. Those judges should be covering their eyes MOL!

We is sure your mom appreciates your support though.

Enjoy the sun!

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a tough show! We are sorry Mom's quilts did not make the show!