Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tattle-Tale Tuesday

Mom claims she spent about three hours balancing the books last night.

This is a complete and utter fabrication. She did not touch any books and I didn't see her with any magazines either. All she did was shuffle papers across her desk, write little x's on some special papers, and click boxes on the computer. She wasn't too happy with some guy named "Bank" either, by the time she was done.

I'm just sayin'


For those of you who did not win the When When Contest, you might still be in the running for the consolation prize. This is the view out back, and you can see there isn't much snow left out there! Remember what it looked like back in January?Mom and I will send treats to the contestant who correctly guesses the day the snow is gone out in the back lot. (Sorry Monty, honey. It isn't you.)

10 comments:

Sparkle said...

I know what you mean. If your human, or mine, ever tried to really balance something, they would probably fall on their behinds. Humans just don't have the balance or grace kitties do. Someone should tell that to that Bank human too.

Megan said...

Well Millie, beans don't have the same balancing skills as cats, so perhaps you're mom started with modest expectations: working with pieces of paper rather than actual books. Keep encouraging her, and perhaps she'll be able to move on to magazines, newspapers, paperbacks and eventually coffee-table books.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Monday walkers said...

To say that I was disappointed not to win would be an understatement! But then there is always next year.

I am laughing ( quite loudly) about your Mom and her "books" - I am trying, as hard as I can, to picture what was going on ( and actually I think I know!).Just be nice to her, Millie - as long as she is happy with you - that's all that matters, isn't it?

Noela Sydney Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

Millie - beans don't like balancing books ... at least not 99% of the time. Your mom needs lots of extra purrs!

Mariodacat said...

What's with the oomans and balancing the books. M says the same thing. The most I ever see her balance is 1 book at a time. She grumbles about someone named Bank too. He must be a bad dude.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Millie! We totally understand because our mom is always doing stuff like that too. We just don't get the humans these days!

And wow, we can't believe you still have snow! Ours is long gone (though mom claimed to see some not too long ago at the store but we think she was crazy). We think you are so cool to have the contests (even though mom is usually so behind we never get to enter!)

Pasha's Mommy said...

Millie, humans need to have a tail to be able to balance, and the bank guy cuts off tails!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh, so THATS what TBT was doin a few days ago! He dint tell us what he was doing, but it sounds the same...

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I don't think that snow will last long!

Gigi said...

Oh yay! Oh yay! Oh Yay! Does that mean I can still win a prize? Huh? Huh? Does it?

The Human tells me I'm being rude and greedy, but I say, Why else do people enter contests?