There may not be snow where Fat Eric lives, but there is still snow HERE, and that doesn't count. Fat Eric, you're out of the When When contest!
I got this from Roxy last week.
1. Pick 13 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess in the comments.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put in who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.
Mom says some of these -should- be pretty easy. And DKM, please leave some for other people to guess!
Here they are:
1. You'd be surprised about what you can get, if you ask for it the right way. - Out of Sight - by Diva Kitty Mom
2. American millionaires must be all quite mad. Perhaps it's something they put in the ink when they print the money. ~ How to Steal a Million ~
3. Maybe it's something else. Maybe you can't even describe it. Maybe you only know it when it's gone. Maybe it's like there's a whole piece of you that's missing, too. - Pleasantville - by Tybalt (after a hint)
4. You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? - The Princess Bride - by The Meezers
5. I don't know. It's a mystery. - Shakespeare in Love - by Fat Eric
6. Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? - The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King - by Ghost
7. I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you. - The Last of the Mohicans - by Roxy
8. It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage. - Raiders of the Lost Ark - by Parker
9. All I did was kiss a girl! - Silverado - by Catherine on Eastlake
10. I always pass on good advice. It is the only sensible thing to do with it. - An Ideal Husband - by Diva Kitty Mom
11. Try not to kill my dogs. - Emma (1996) - by Roxy
12. People don't know how to love. They bite rather than kiss. They slap rather than stroke. Maybe it's because they recognize how easy it is for love to go bad, to become suddenly impossible... unworkable, an exercise of futility. So they avoid it and seek solace in angst, and fear, and aggression, which are always there and readily available. ~ The Upside of Anger ~
13. I can't ask him what he's doing. I'm supposed to tell him what he's doing. I ask him what he's doing and I'm gonna look like an idiot. - The Terminal - by Diva Kitty Mom
Update at 9:00 PM
OK! Great Job Everybody! Time for some hints:
# 2 is from a movie made in the 60's with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. It's one of Mom's favorites.
# 12 is from a recent movie with Kevin Costner. It didn't get a lot of "play" but Mom liked it a lot.
# 13 is from a Tom Hanks movie.
None of these actors said the quotes featured. Mom says, "Google at will!"
Update at 11:00 PM:
Mom says next time she won't choose quotes that are so obscure. Good thing. I think it's more fun when everybody recognizes the quotes. Thanks for playing!
I tag Diva Kitty Mom to do this next week, since she's a big movie buff.