Thursday, June 07, 2007

I did not have anything to do with this.

Mom had a long day today. She woke up at 4 AM and couldn't sleep. She got up, got her laptop and came back to bed. She read some blogs and news, and her email. But she couldn't go back to sleep. So she got up, fed us, got dressed, had breakfast and went to work, almost 2 hours early.

She came home tired. So tired she had a bowl of cereal as she read some blogs at the computer. You can see the computer chair on the right. She heard this funny noise. She turned around, because she thought it might have been me wrestling with something. But all of a sudden, the noise got bigger, and then suddenly....

the shelves fell off the wall.

Seriously, I wasn't even in the room. Really and truly.


Mom says the shelves have been up there like, oh, ten or twelve years or so.

16 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Oh my goodness. Glad no kittie or bean was hurt in the falling shelves. But what a mess to clean up!

Poppy Q said...

Oh dear - I think you knew it was going to be one of those days!! You could use some of your Gizzy money to buy some nice shelves.

We are glad everyone is ok!

Parker said...

Dang! What a mess and what an awful end to a screwed up day!

Max said...

Oh wow...good thing there wasn't a kitty under there!

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Good thing no kitty was there. You might have gotten smooshed.

Mungo N Teazer (and the Firecat too!!!) said...

Holy moly! Good fink youse are all okay. Hope nuttin on da shelvies gotted broked.

Momma sez you might wanna look at "elfa" shelvies. Dey sell em at Da Container Store. Dey sposta be reeely strong.

Milton said...

Holy Smokes!!
Did ya have an earthquake? That looks like what happens in an earthquake. I'm glad that no one was hurt.
---Beezer

The Meezers or Billy said...

YIKES! good fing you and Jasmine wasn't unner it!

Tara said...

Earthquake was the first thing I thought of too. Did you feel any shakin goin on?

Tara

Tara said...

PS Did you see my post from last Saturday? I showed off my Gizzy quilt as art!

Tara

Zoey and the furballs said...

Oh my goodness! That's really scary. We hope no one was hurt. It's not going to be any fun cleaning up that mess though. :( We hope your mommy gets some good quality sleep tonight.

Tara said...

I'm glad your Mom is OK! I just caught up on your blog, and see you did see my post on my Gizzy quilt (which I love and it did not go to my brother).

I'm glad we don't get those crack and boom storms!

Tara

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

You have been invited to a new meme. Check the Skeeter and LC blog June 07, 2007 posts.

The Furry Kids said...

Holy smokes! That is very scary. I'm glad no one got hurted.

Love,
Tazo

Anonymous said...

YIPES!! That's furry scarey! We's glad no one got hurted!
T.F.S.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ohh, fally things are upsetting! We hate those.