Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Power of Mom

Mom is powerful. She got up this morning, looked at her computer and smiled. Then she looked some more and told us that the servants at her day hunting all knew the right time, and were doing their jobs. She didn't even have to go there to find out. Kinda weird, if you ask me.

However, she can't get Gizzy to eat. She heated up his food, he ate a little, then went back to his nap. She even cooked some Bacon, and had Jasmine and I both practically fighting to get some. Gizzy sniffed, and turned away. Even if she hands it to him, he doesn't do anything. He's not a tuna fan. She's tried that. She's added water. Somebody suggested ice cream. She doesn't have any, but he does like ice cream, so she's gonna get some and try that.

I'm worried. Right now he weighs as much (or as little) as I do. And he doesn't want me around.

I heard Mom's Mom tell her "... you should get a companion for Millie..." That sounds like a good idea to me.

I invited Madness over. Bubbles would gladly send her. Jasmine would probably have a fit and a half, but I don't care what she thinks. I want somebody to play with.

update:
Gizzy wouldn't even sniff the baby food.
He ignored the ice cream.
He licked a couple of tortilla chips
He did it a few bites of his crunchies.
He had maybe a teaspoon of stinky goodness, mostly he licked the juices.
And if you stick anything he doesn't want in front of him, he just gets up and moves away.

Mom's making a pork chop.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of healing purrayers going out to Gizzy. We hope the VET can find out what is wrong and that he gets better soon.


Brenda & Ninja

Kimo and Sabi said...

Mommakitty has been successful wif baby food (turkey, chicken or lamb) when her other kitties didn't feel well. Also, try vanilla yogurt. Hope Gizzy feels better soon :)

Madness said...

I hope Gizzy will be OK. Everybody here is very worried about him.

I would love to come play with you. Here things are boring. Mrs. B and Bubles does not want to play. Luckily the Freak was at home today, so we got some wild playing done. But then she brought our the evil rug sucking monster and I got very scared. So now I'm going to take a nap on the couch. (So I can be ready to play again tonight.)

Just Ducky said...

Poor Gizzy, hope the pork chop helps. If so, go buy lots of pork chops.

momsbusy said...

we is gonna do sum extra, super duper, special purrayin fer gizzy.

yuki had to havs a appetite stimulant fer awhile before she wood startin eatin agin. maybe yur vet cood do that to get gizzys appetite jump started agin.

yuki & kimiko

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

o, poor Gizzy, we's purr-raying hard fur him. maybe him will like tha ice-cream.

Millie, u's taking such good care of him.

Bear, my mini-woofie, is reely sick right now, too. she won't eat much. she haf noo-monia 'h hafs surjery Thursday to repair perfrations 'n remove abcessed teefh.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Oh, Gizzy! Come on, try a few bites at least. I'm sendin' over sum headbuts to see if they help.

You can teleport over here to hang out if you'd like, Millie, SheBean is going to run after some errands later with the littleBeans so we'll have an empty house.