Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen things we cats do to annoy Lady Mom.

1. Gizzy doesn't cover up his stuff in the litter box.
2. I take food out of my food bowl and scatter it about before I eat it.
3. Gizzy likes to drink out of the bathroom faucet (tap) so he wants it running all the time.
4. Jasmine licks and chews plastic bags of all types at all hours of the day and night.
5. Gizzy likes to get under the blankets on Lady Mom's bed to nap during the day. So the bed looks lumpy and unmade.
6. Since I don't let Lady Mom trim my claws, they get caught on everything. The rug, the furniture, her clothes...
7. Gizzy expects to have breakfast promptly at 6 AM when Lady Mom is supposed to get up. He doesn't care what time she went to bed the night before. He headbutts her, or taps her on the nose to wake her up.
8. Jasmine gets up on the desk when Lady Mom reads the cat blogs every day. She lies up against Lady Mom and rests her head on Lady Mom's hand. Makes it hard for Lady Mom to use the computer mouse.
9. Gizzy licks scotch tape, so Lady Mom has to keep it hidden when wrapping presents.
10. I chase Gizzy around at night, and this means I run all over Lady Mom's bed. When Lady Mom is in it. I have been known to run over her head.
11. When Lady Mom eats breakfast, she works on one of those sudokucat puzzles. Or tries to. Jasmine sits on it.
12. If Gizzy doesn't feel Lady Mom is giving him enough attention while she is working on her silver lapbox, he just walks across the keyboard, or just sits on it.
13. When Lady Mom tries to take my picture with the digital camera, I wait till the red light flashes, then I jump away.

16 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I can see how those would annoy your Lady Mom. #1 would annoy me! That's a great list. For some reason, humans don't like it when we walk across or sit on the computer.

Daisy said...

That is a great list Millie! I am going to have to try some of those myself...

The M's said...

sounds like you guys have lots of fun.

LZ said...

I scatter my food too! Little bits and whole nibbles. It drives the Tall Man crazy. The Lap Lady doesn't get mad because she knows I have a tiny mouth.

Kaze

Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

A very thorough list , Millie! Both me n' Meep are with ya on #1 - doesn't mean we don't scratch around in the box like nuts, just means we never manage to get anything covered with litter. I (Buzz) won't eat straight outta my food bowl - Meep does and it gets all slimy. By scoopin' a little bit out onto the floor, the rest of my food stays nice & dry.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Mom read somewhere that the dominant cat in the house will not cover his poop in the litterbox. it's a way of saying "I'm in charge & I don't have to cover it!" Is Gizzy the alpha cat of the house?

Anonymous said...

#12 - a presonal favorite

Susie said...

Sabi doesn't cover up his "stuff" either! Hey, if you guys are on Catster, you could join "Plastic Lickers Anonymous" club!

Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

ooops - sorry . . . we forgot to say "Thanks!" for suggestin' we send pictures of your butts to catsinbags.com

Hopefully our butts will get fa-mouse :)

Anonymous said...

I can see how those things would annoy your Lady Mom. Especially the running acros the bed at night.

Unknown said...

Some of those things annoy our Mom that Live here too. Especially chasing each other through the bed when she's there!!

D
J
CC

caspersmom said...

Goodness, all those things you all do and your Mom doesn't get mad??? Mom closes her door at night so Cleo doesn't go running all over her. When I sleep with her I lay beside her all night so she lets me sleep with her more often. I'm glad your tummy is feeling all better now.

Casper

Anonymous said...

But annoying our mom is so much fun! I walk across the lappy top all the time.

-Emily

Anonymous said...

no, no. you've got the word wrong. those aren't "annoying", they're "endearing".

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Wow ... You are furry smart at bein' annoying! That takes major talent and tenacity. Good work!
DMM

Tara said...

I'm really good at covering things up, but I get so enthusiastic I kick litter all over the place! I also like scattering my dry krunchis all over the place. Tara