Saturday, September 02, 2006

Jealousy

After breakfast this morning, Gizzy and I played for a little while. We actually -- play -- together a bit, without Gizzy growling. I think that’s really cool. Jasmine was watching, but she didn’t bother us.

Later, I was playing with the Lady’s toesies while she was putting the sheets on her bed. There’s a sheet that surrounds the bottom of the bed, so I can hide underneath it and nobody can see me. I was under the bed. Gizzy was on the bed, and all of a sudden, Jasmine jumped on Gizzy and started growling and biting him!! I could hear Gizzy growling back. They wrestled, rolled around and made lots of angry noises. The Lady told them to stop, but they didn’t. Then I heard a funny sound, and both big cats ran away. I came out to see what was going on. “It’s a squirt bottle, Millie. It has water in it, and I squirt the big cats when they are being very naughty.”

Well, I still wanted to play, so I went to find Gizzy. But Gizzy started acting really snarky with me, and even with the Lady. He played rough with her and started to bite. She pushed him away, and told him he was a bad boy. When he came near me, he hissed at me as if he didn’t like me. I don’t understand.

The Lady says Jasmine is jealous of me. She doesn’t want me around, and she’s worried that Gizzy and the Lady will like me better than her. So if I play with Gizzy, she gets mad at him!

The Lady ALSO says I am NOT going anywhere, no matter WHAT Jasmine thinks, and that JASMINE has to get over it. That makes me feel a little better.

I let the Lady pet me again this morning while I was eating my stinky goodness. And I have been getting a bit closer to her when I play in the picture box room. But when she sticks her hand in my direction, I back away. I remember the last time she grabbed me and I’m not going to let that happen again. Of course, if she has treats, I’ll eat them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Millie, I'm glad to hear that you and Gizzy was playing for real. Be nice to Jasmine 'cause she is not feeling well and she needs the Lady's love at the moment. It's nice when the Lady pets you. You'll see, soon you will love it when the Lady touches you.

The Meezers or Billy said...

YAY! Gizzy was playing wif you. Jasmine is not feeling well and is a little unshur of her place now, but don't let that bother you. She will get ofurr it. She does need lots of purrs and speshul attention though.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Sounds like the Lady has it pretty much under control. She will make sure everyone gets their fair share of attention! Playing is fun, huh?

caspersmom said...

It's nice you let the Lady pet you. She will give you pets and love. When Jasmine gets completely well maybe you and her will get along a lot better. We have a Gizzy in our house too. His name is really Gizmo but Mom calls him Gizzy too. He don't want to do nothing with anybody. I intimidate him sometimes but Mom gets really mad at me. Cleo does the same thing. Most of the time we just leave him alone.

Casper

Hot(M)BC said...

Yeah, maybe Jasmine feels extra snarky cuz she feels sick. It sounds like you and Gizzy are having fun, though, and that's good. He'll get over Jasmine being grumpy.
Purrrrrs,
Boni

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It's good that yoo an Gizzy are playing together. Yoo will haf to make lowances furr Jasmine though cos she's not feeling so good lately. By the way, one of the horsies that live wiv us is called Gizzy too. His pichur is on an older post on our bloggy

Anonymous said...

we is so happy for you, millie. be pashunt wif jasmine cuz she is not feelins too good. gizzy sounds like he is fun to play wifs.