Monday, August 14, 2006

Playing with Gizzy


I had so much fun running around the house last night! So tonight after dinner, the lady was reading in the picture box room and Gizzy was lying down near the couch. I ran near him and he didn't even move. I wanted to see what he would do. So I ran on top of the couch and looked down at him. He rolled over and sang a little song. We looked at each other. So I ran down to the floor and then ran toward him, planning to jump over him.

Oops. That was the wrong thing to do. He didn't want to play that game. He jumped up at me and me and hissed! I ran away. But now he was alert, watching me. He didn't want to play at all. I kept trying to change his mind, after all, who doesn't want to play?

Later I saw the Lady HOLDING Gizzy! He was purring as she rubbed his head. I went back to my room. When I went back to the picture room, Jasmine was sitting right next to the Lady! The Lady was petting her and Jasmine was purring. I sat on the futon and hissed at Jasmine. Jasmine stayed put.

But I have been running around the whole house having a good time. I've been sitting in the nice soft chairs and looking out all the windows. It's more fun to run around than hide.

I'm liking this house more and more.

12 comments:

Millie said...

In these pictures I look really big next to Gizzy. But he is LOTS bigger than me. He weighs about 15 pounds. I'm skinny next to him.

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Millie, I love you and your blog SO much. You have been our "blog of the day" for about a week. I'm glad to see you are getting more comfy in your home.

Hot(M)BC said...

Gizzy's like Sanjee, I guess, and doesn't play with other cats much. (Sanjee plays lots with her mousies, though.) You were furry brave to run right past him, tho. We're happy to see you running around the house. If Gizzy and Jasmine like to be held and be petted by the Lady, maybe she's a good person to sit with and be held by. Maybe you should try it sometime. If you do, let us know how it goes.
Purrrrrrrrs,
Boni

Emma's Kat said...

You two are so cute! Sitting up........laying down, together! Hehehe! I wonder if Jasmine is a player?

The Meezers or Billy said...

Millie - Boni is right, if Gizzy and Jasmine let the lady hold them, maybe you should try it for 4.3 seconds to see if you like it!

The Crew said...

It sounds like you're feeling more at home,and that's good. My sister & 2 brothers didn't like me at first, but now after 2 months, everyone gets along fine. I know everything will be OK for you, too!

Misty E.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Millie we's so glad that you are havin' such a good time and have such a good home.

Drop by and visit, it's our one year annerversarry today. Yippee

*ABBY

Shaggy and Scout said...

Looks like they are getting more & more curious about you too! You DO look big in these pictures!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Millie, if you let the lady pet you, you will purr too. I know if you try it, you will like the pets and will purr and purr. Now that you are getting used to the space to run and play in, and the other cats are getting used to you, you will soon learn the rules of the house, and everyone will get along. But try the petties stuff. It can be AWEsome.

PrincessMia said...

That's great news, Millie. Yay!

Millie said...

Actually the Lady's Mom, who was with her when she picked me up in Sturbridge, thinks I have grown since that day.

momsbusy said...

so happy for you millie. it is more fun to run than hide all the time. someday you will even like your mommy to pet you.