Saturday, August 05, 2006

My new home!


I like my box. My box with my pink blanket is my home. It's been my home since those terrible things happened to me. Today my home went someplace. I dunno where, but my home was moving. I slept. When it stopped, I waited for a while. Then my box opened and this lady picked me up. I tried to get a better look around by climbing to her shoulder. Apparently this was not a good idea, because I was put back in my box. The box moved again. For a long time this time. Then the moving stopped and the lady was carrying the box.

"We're home, Millie." Another home?

She put it down and took me out of the box and put me in another box with a door with holes in it. I could look around. A big cat came near the box and started sniffing. I hissed at him and he hissed back. His name is Gizzy. He told me he is the Number One Cat. Then he left. The lady opened the door to the new box, then she left. I was in a nice room, all by myself. I got out of the new box and looked for a place to hide. I found a good place under a bureau.
She came back and took my favorite pink blanket and put it in the closet, under a shelf near the floor. It's a space just big enough for me, and I went there as soon as she left.

I was alone, but I was safe. After a while the lady came back and put some food and water nearby. I was hungry so I ate it all. She came in to look at me. I stayed in the back of the closet. When she left there was more food. I ate more. I was alone in the room, so after I while I went exploring. There was a nice window, so I jumped up and looked out the window for a while. I could see outside and smell the smells. It was good.

Later I used the litter box and looked around. The lady had left the door open this time. There is another cat, I know because I can smell her, but she hasn't come to introduce herself. I went exploring. I found the big cats' litter box, and I was checking it out, but the lady came by and I ran back to my place. I think I'm gonna like it here. This home is already better than my box.

12 comments:

Emma's Kat said...

Hi Millie!! So glad to see you have foung your furrever home! You've been thru so much and now you'll be loved and it looks like you'll have a couple buddies too! Can't wait to see your future adventures! Something tells me you're gonna have quite a few visitors to your bloggie! ;)

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Millie, Hi. Am so glad to see you again. I'm bookmarking your blog and telling everyone about it.

Can't wait to see the adventures you are going to have, either. You have a lot of fans out there, you know that don't you? For such an iddy biddy kitty, you caused quite a stir.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Millie! We has been following your story since the bad fings happened. We are so sorry that those bad fings happened to you, but we were so happy that you was finded by a nice man who tooked care of you. there was a lot of us who was worried 'bout you. We is so happy you finded your furrever home! - Sammy and Miles

Zeus said...

Welcome to the feline blogosphere, Millie! What a wonderful feeling to have found a place to lay your tail and stretch your paws! Your human pets seem like truly terrific people, and considering the whole story, one could even say they were felitarians. ;)

I am going to add your blog to my blogroll so I can continue to come by and visit. I am certainly looking forward to your adventures!

Just Ducky said...

Millie you are one lucky little lady. You gots lots of help when you needed it and now lots of love in a new home.

Looking foward to reading about your new adventures.

Anonymous said...

Hey Millie, I'm glad you have a forever home now and you like it there! You are so very special! I hope your toys we sent you made it there also. If not, have your mom let me know and we will send more. Take care!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Hullo, Millie! Nice to see you've found a good home an get to blog. Come see us sumtime, 2tabbys.blogspot.com
I hope yur big cat roommates are nicer than my Bonnie.

Max said...

Frickin awesome! I was so stoked when your new mom emailed and said you were getting a forever home. Huge props to Malcom and Dan, too, for giving you a fighting chance.

Dianne said...

Yippee! This makes us kitties who once were homeless purr with delight. I hope you are as happy as I've been these last few years with my family.

amy and the bad cats said...

millie,

we're so glad you gots a forever home.

bat & bandit

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Hi Millie!
We're in New Hampshire too! It's a good place to live.

The Caturday Tribe of Tigers,
Brendan, Harper and Ramona

Anonymous said...

Hi Millie, Thank God you found Malcolm who has a wonderful spirit. I know Lynne, your new mom. You couldn't be in better hands so you can look forward to a long happy life which makes all of us very happy. Sometimes, in life, there are wonderful caring people, who knew???