Friday, August 18, 2006

Life at Home

I think I have been having more success in trying to play with Gizzy. Now I can get closer to him. He still hisses, but only if I get "in his face." I guess that means I shouldn't try to sniff his nose again anytime soon.

I'm also feeling more comfortable about running around the house. I don't really get as freaked out if I come around a corner and see the Lady as I did even a few days ago. I still don't let her get close, but she hasn't even been trying.

Jasmine still hisses at me whenever she sees me no matter what I'm doing.

And the Lady just reminded me that I'm doing more -walking- around the place, instead of running. She says it's a sign of being more comfortable.

Here are some more pictures of me attacking, I mean playing, with the purple feathery thingie.

(From the Lady: I have seen comments noting how alike my cats appear. Snowy white, dark black, white feet, black tails, white bellies... even some of their markings are similar. I must say it is what struck me about Millie. But Gizzy and Jasmine are not related.

Gizzy was a lot like Millie when he was a kitten. He was a stray, by the way. He came to us after crossing a very dangerous street and hanging out in our yard for two days. He 'talks' and is extremely sociable. I've yet to hear Millie do anything but hiss and growl. Actually, the day I got her from Dan and Maggie, she purred.

One final observation about Jasmine, she may have cancer. She's lost weight over the last year, and may also be losing her tolerance for the novel and different, though she's never been keen on noise or new things in the house.)

8 comments:

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Looks like you are having tons of fun, Millie. I love the second picture of you, with the crazy eyes and the tongue sticking out.

Emma's Kat said...

Mille, you'll probably have Gizzy chasing and liking you in no time! Millie's Mom - So sorry to hear about Jasmine! Has the vet done any tests on her?

The Meezers or Billy said...

Millie, we is glad that you is more comfortable in your new house.

We is so sorry to hear about Jasmine - has she hadded tests done? Mommy losted Ralphie to stomach cancer, so she knows how you feel.

Millie said...

Emma, Jasmine had a teat removed three years ago and the pathology report at that time indicated cancer cells were present. Due to the fact that Jasmine was 10 at the time, and seriously stressed by having the surgery, I elected not to have follow up surgery done several weeks later when an unusual lump was discovered. At her last visit, a week before Millie came into our home, the vet looked at Jasmine's eyes and exclaimed, "We don't usually see eye cancer in cats." I'm at the end of the treatment (eye drops) and have made another appointment to see the vet. I will not subject Jasmine to more stress, so the plan is to maintain her quality of life and keep her out of pain.

-- The Lady

Hot(M)BC said...

Millie, It looks like you and Gizzy are gettin to be kinda furriends. That's neato.

Nice Lady, we's sorry that Jasmine might gotted cancer. We finks you's doin the right thing makin her comfy and have a good rest of her life however long or short that is gonna be. You's furry kind to do that for her.

Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni, Mini, Pepi, Gree and the Cat Staff

Shaggy and Scout said...

Glad you're relaxin' more Millie! Those look like great feathers. Feather toys are the best!

PrincessMia said...

Millie looks so happy with the feather toy. I'm sorry to hear about Jasmine. I hope she isn't sick. Sending purrs and special goodkitty healing vibes.

momsbusy said...

glad to hear about how well milie is doing. i know what you are going thru with jasmine. i lost my mako kitty about two years ago to cancer. i am now just keeping my dog rex comfortable. he doesn't have cancer but he is deaf, blind and is having problems with controlling his rear legs. i will keep jasmine and you in my prayers.