Wednesday, August 09, 2006

In the open

This morning I was playing with my toys. I saw the Lady watching me. I still don't let her get too close. So she has to use the flashie thing and she says my eyes look like headlights... whatever a headlight is.

Tonight I was playing with a funny toy that had lots of legs and kept bouncing on the floor. It was in the doorway to the closet. It tapped, it scratched, it bounced. It came toward me, then moved away. I had to get a closer look. So very slowly I came out from my hiding place. It didn't know I was hunting it. It kept bouncing around, scratching on the floor. I got really really close, and almost touched it. It was really weird, because it was attached to the Lady. She was in the doorway. I jumped over her and ran out of the room. The big cats were on the big table in the table room, so I kept running to the other hiding spot I found in the studio. The Lady came looking for me, but I stayed where I was. Later she was watching the picture box with one of the big cats in her lap. I ran by everybody, even Gizzy, and went back to my safe place.

10 comments:

Just Ducky said...

We all look like that when our mums follow us around with the flashy box thing. We just glow.

Soon you will trust the lady. She loves you furry much.

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Hi Millie! We're glad to hear you're startin' to feel a little more comfortable around your new house!

The Meezers or Billy said...

you is gettin so big Millie! Someday you'll let the lady get close - she does love you furry much.

Teri said...

Wow, millie. You are byootiful! I am glad you are out in the open. In a week you might even like getting scritches.

Emma's Kat said...

As the Meezers said, You have grown! You were so tiny when we 1st saw you at Malcolm's site! I'm gonna have to go tell Oreo about you and see if she's visited you yet! You could be twins! But I can't remember if Oreo has the little black chin. Hmmmm...

Millie said...

I have a white belly. Does Oreo have a white belly?

Shaggy and Scout said...

It sure is hard not to do your stalking when there is a tempting bouncy thing right there. You sound like a good hunter and very athletic jumping over everyone like that!

danielle said...

Millie,
I tagged you. Go to my site for info.

The Crew said...

I think you're bein' a very good girl, Millie. I try to be good most days. I'm 4 months old. How old does your V.E.T. think you are?

Misty E.

Millie said...

George, Tipper, Max and Misty,
Well, I was 12 weeks old when Malcolm found me, and that was 6 weeks ago, so I am 18 weeks old. Or 4-1/2 months or so.

Grr, Midnight & Cocoa,
The bouncy scratchy thing... It was her hand! It sure did look funny, though.

Danielle, I will try to find your site to tag you back.