Wednesday, February 19, 2014
When When Contest Wednesday!!!
It's pretty, no doubt, but everybody here in New Hampster says they are tired of it, and want it to go away. Mom says it WILL go away, we just don't know WHEN.
The big question is.... "When will the snow MELT?" That's what I want to know.
When will it be ALL GONE?
Would you like to guess? I am having a contest. The cat, woofie or bun who guesses the date when there is NO MORE SNOW when Mom looks out this window will get a prize. The prize will be treats, and bragging rights! (Occasionally evil little chocolates have been known to appear in prize packages, but Mom is making no promises.)
Every morning Mom will get up and take a picture of this same view and post it on my blog. On the day she wakes up and THERE IS NO SNOW ANYWHERE IN THE PICTURE will be THE DAY. If you guess the EXACT day, you will get a prize. If NOBODY guesses the EXACT DAY, the cat who guessed the day CLOSEST TO the day, but not AFTER the day, will get the prize.
Here are the rules:
1. Each cat, woofie or bun gets ONE GUESS EACH. (Our friend Megan from Sydney Australia can enter even if she isn't a cat, but she's the only hooman who is eligible.)
2. Guesses must be in the comments of THIS POST.
3. Deadline is Midnight Friday February 21, 2014. (So when it isn't Friday anywhere in the world, the voting will be over.)
4. You have to have a blog, or leave some way for us to get in touch with you, so we have to know who you are. If you have a blog, you're good to go.
5. You can enter no matter where you live. Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada... all are welcome to enter.
6. It's my blog, so if I wanna change the rules, I can.
Now for some useful information.
1. The houses across the street face East. So the snow in their front yards will melt first. Duh.
2. Sun melts the snow.
3. Rain melts it faster.
4. The average high temperature for March in New Hampster is 44F
5. The average low temperature for March in New Hampster is 18F
6. Winter isn't over, either. We have had big snowstorms at the end of February, and in March. It snows in April, too. So, guess accordingly.
7. *****The contest ends when there is NO SNOW on the ground in the picture. If it snows the next day, oh well, that's New England weather for you!*****
8. When the contest is closed, Mom will post a big list of all the entries and dates in my sidebar, so everybody will know who guessed what date. It is your responsibility to check that your name is there, and that your guess is correct. It's usually a big list, and adding the names gets complicated, so if your name is missing, let me know right away.
So put on your thinking caps, leave a guesstimate, spread the news, tell your furriends, and check back every day to see if you are the winner!