Since there is still snow on the ground, and we are supposed to be having snow on Sunday night into Monday, I have decided to have the When When Contest again this year. Here's how it will work:
The cat, woofie or bun who guesses the date when there is NO MORE SNOW when Mom looks out this window each day will get a prize.
Every day Mom will get up and take a picture of this same view and post it on my blog. On the day she wakes up and THERE IS NO SNOW ANYWHERE IN THE PICTURE will be THE DAY. If you guess the EXACT day, you will get a prize. If NOBODY guesses the EXACT DAY, the cat who guessed the day CLOSEST TO the day, but not AFTER the day, will get the prize.
(this picture was taken February 19, 2009)(this picture was taken this morning, March 1, 2009)
Here are the rules:
1. Each cat, woofie or bun gets ONE GUESS EACH.
2. Guesses must be in the comments of THIS POST.
3. Deadline is Midnight Tuesday March 3, 2009. (So when it isn't Tuesday anywhere in the world, the voting will be over.)
4. You have to have a blog, or leave some way for us to get in touch with you, so we have to know who you are. If you have a blog, you're good to go.
5. It's my blog, so if I wanna change the rules, I can.
Now for some useful information.
1. The houses across the street face East. So the snow in their front yards will melt first. Duh.
2. Sun melts the snow.
3. Rain melts it faster.
4. The average high temperature for March in New Hampster is 44F
5. The average low temperature for March in New Hampster is 18F
6. It snows in April.
7. *****The contest ends when there is NO SNOW on the ground in the picture. If it snows the next day, oh well, that's New England weather for you!*****
8. Last year, the winning date was April 12.
9. We don't have as much snow on the ground this year as we did last year.
So put on your thinking caps, leave a guesstimate, and check back every day to see if you are the winner! Good luck!