I'm packed, I'm ready to go! Tonight I'll be at Monty Q's in Mary-land!
Here is my Thursday Thirteen list of things Mom has packed in the suitcases.
1. Books. Lotsa books. Books for Mom to read on the train. Books for Mom to read to KidBean and SweetBean and maybe Sprout.
2. Quilts! One for Sprout and one for Monty Q.
3. Recipes for Cookies, Bread and Pork.
4. Maple Syrup from New Hamster. Mom says the Real Stuff isn't thick and gooey, but thin and runny.
5. Chocolate from Van Otis in New Hamster. Mom says they make the most incredible.... oops. Can't say. Anyway, it's the same stuff she put in the prize packages for DivaKitty and Bounce Lucy and Trixie when they won the When When Contest this past spring.
6. Squiggles and a Snuggle for my sweetie!
7. Electronic Geek Junk. Mom's bring her tippy-tappy lapbox, her digital camera, her iPod, her PDA, her cell phone, and all the power cords and other junk that goes with them.
8. Lunch. Mom's bringing a Vegie Wrap, some pickles, a banana and some dried apricots and probably some crackers. And chocolate. And water. And Temp-ta-tions. (I hope)
9. Boring junk like undies, socks, her nightgown, a too-big robe and some t-shirts, shorts, a skirt (?) a jacket, blouses and shoes and the sticky stuff she puts in her hair to make it stand up.
10. A small pillow and fleece blankie in case she gets cold on the train. She's always cold, except when she's hot or when Mr Hot Flash pesters her.
11. An Umbrella. Guess which color? Du-uh?
12. Brandy-spanking slippery new green papers. A bunch of some guy named Jackson. (MILLIE!) ...well it's true...
13. ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!
See! Told ya! (okay, the guys in the bloo shorts didn't bring me the "correct" disguise, so I have to use this one. Hopefully it's temporary. But it's this or stay home, and I -ain't- stayin' home!)
We're on the road to Mary-land...
Huh... Huh... Huh... Huh...
We're on the road to Mary-land.
(with apologies to David Byrne)