Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I have told you all many times how glad I am to be a cat, but none more than today. And not because it's Halloween. It's because of this.

Don't look at me, I'M not drinking the stuff.  But Mom will, later this afternoon, after she spends the day NOT eating.

Well, she can eat Jello, and popsicles, and drink Gatorade, but YUK!  It's all because of a special test she has to get at the bean v-e-t.  I shudder to think about it.  She's doing all this so the bean v-e-t can look up her spot # 13!

Holy Guacamole, Holy Toledo and O My Bast, there is NO WAY I would put up with that!!!!!

Something and likely some-ONE would die a toothy death before I would let that happen to ME. 

Mom says it's a good thing because it can help prevent her from getting cancer, and since cancer took Gizzy and Jasmine away from me, I can't object. 

Much.

So later today when Mom drinks that nasty stuff and spends a lot of time growling in the litterbox room, I will be FAR FAR AWAY and deeply, profoundly, thankful and glad I am a cat.

This will also explain why I will probably not be posting a blog on Friday. Mom will be "otherwise engaged" and I'll be doing my best to put her back to "normal" when the bean v-e-t-s are done with her.

9 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Our Dad had that test this year. He passed with flying colors, but he did not like the prep for the test!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Ugh! I'm glad I'm a cat too - that is one test I definitely would NOT want ever! My human's crazy boyfriend had it done a couple of years ago... without anesthesia! He said, "I only almost passed out once." Like I said, he is crazy.

Megan said...

Ooooh - that's not a nice test to have Millie. I wish I were a cat and didn't face the prospect of having it at some stage in my future. In the meantime, I send my very best wishes to your mom, and all my encouragement to you so that you pamper her and make her feel comfortable once the bean vets have had their way with her. Perhaps you could nip down and buy some of those really nice chocolates that she likes. Look after her, won't you?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Poppy Q said...

Good luck Lynne, I am sure you will be fine and good on you for lining up for the colonoscopy.

Hope you have something tasty to eat at the weekend.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Monday walkers said...

Best wishes Lynne..........and I am sure that Millie will make you feel really special when you come home from having your test.

Noela Sydney Australia

Frostin said...

Bob worked at a Medical Convention one year helping set up the training areas and he had set up the third station for colonoscopy training when he registered where the scope was actually used. He backed away from the desk and said OUCH!!! and then he walked funny for a bit.

*laughs

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hope Mom gets good results like i did last week . . . Millie, you can make the yukky-est stuff hilarious!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ah, the jello purge diet... We do unnerstand it make yer Mom all wiggly.

Unknown said...

"growling in the litter box room" - I hope your Moms tests come out okay. Hugs from Woofies Ginger and Daisy (and their Mommy, too!)