Monday, March 03, 2008

Sewing With Auntie

Mom says sewing with Auntie is different. For one thing Auntie doesn't have a sewing room like Mom does. For another, Auntie is much more, uh... shall we say... "spontaneous."

And even though they have worked on quilts together in the past, it always surprises both of them how once their pieces are assembled, it's pretty hard to tell who did what unless you really really really look closely.

This is the "big row." There are three more rows, composed of five blocks each. These rows will be across the width of the quilt.

Mom has finished all her blocks; Auntie has 7 more to make. But Mom doesn't have a husband and child to care for and take or teach Karate classes.

It's the Boy's (who now has a new name, but you have to read it there) 11th birthday today. Please go over to Roxy & Lucky's and leave him some Happy Birthday wishes!

14 comments:

Parker said...

It's a good thing I wasn't in that roomor you would have had fabric alllllll over the place!

Tybalt said...

It's coming along nicely! I'm with Parker . . . if you tried doing a project like that at my house, then you would never be left alone to get it done! Hee hee.

I'm off to wish the Boy a Happy Birthday!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

OH wow - that is one big quilt there!! Its looking absolutely beautiful too!!

Unknown said...

You Mum and Auntie have been very, very, very busy!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Busy, Busy! It's looking great!

Jan Price said...

You wouldn't dare leave fabric on the floor around here. No telling where it would end up.

It's amazing you two have such different methods but the end results are so much alike.

jans funny farm

Leona said...

Funny I was thinking along the same lines as all the other kitties. How did you restrain yourself from running wild all through the fabric?

PB 'n J said...

Oh that looks like some serious fun - um I mean, what a lovely quilt I would never want to run around and chase that fabric and put the bitey on it. Nope, not at all!

Bert

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

OOH! I sure would like to bat and toss those bright cloths all aroun! An hide a bunch, too...

Ayla

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Ooooh when my brother Caesar and I were kittens we loved to help mommie with sewing projects! She never appreciated it though.
Once I pulled out all the pins from a dress, and threw them on the floor one by one.

This project is beautiful!

Allthingsfoodie said...

Wow. We are in awe of all dem beautiful colors an all dat work yoo are doing.

Chrissie said...

I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help with all that sewin', I'd just be layin' all over your blocks and your rows, and just about anywhere..oh, yeah, I think Millie calls that "quality control" doesn't she? I went over and wished Senor PlusOne a Happy One! He's a good-lookin' young man, isn't he? :)

Lux said...

Those colors just look fantastic put together!

Archie and Melissa said...

WoW! This quilt is so amazing! YOu and Auntie are so talented!Emmitt and I hope we win! I have my fingers crossed, and I crossed all of Emmitt's toes. :)
m & e