Sunday, June 03, 2007

Lightning! Thunder! Hail?

It was hot yesterday. I was napping on the back of Mom's recliner.

The skies got dark, the wind started blowing, Mom closed the windows in the living room, because that's were the wind was blowing.

Then it got really scary. The skies split open in big bright white cracks. At almost the same time, gigantic explosions boomed all around us. Jasmine headed under Mom's bed. I ran around, trying to find a safe place to hide.

The big cracks kept coming, and the big BOOMS kept BOOMING over and over. It was raining hard, and it beat against the windows.

Suddenly white rocks came pounding out of the sky. We could hear them pinging the metal machines outside and the awning over the side door. Lookit, Mom took a picture...

This picture is from Mom's sister -- lookit the hail here! And lookit the water rushing by!
She said it was hail - frozen ice chunks falling from the sky. Mom said the hailstones were the size of large peas.

Suddenly the rain was pounding against ALL the windows, and coming in sideways through the screens and falling on the floor inside. Mom closed them, but after she closed one in the dining room, she slipped on the wet floor and fell down flat on her face. Mom wears glasses, and yup, she fell on them, and they got bent up.

But that's not the worst part. Mom has os-tee-oh-purr-something -sis. Something bad, and it's really bad if she falls, so she was pretty scared because she fell hard. She was shaken up, and kinda sore. She lay on the bed with some ice on her forehead for a long time while it continued to rain and the skies cracked and boomed. She kept telling me I was safe, but I didn't feel very safe, and it wasn't the storm that worried me.

The cracking and booming stopped and after a while it stopped raining. Mom got up and found an old pair of glasses. She's OK, but I don't think I'm ever going to like crack-and-boom storms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tara has pictures of her Gizzy quilt here.

19 comments:

Daisy said...

I get very scairt too if there is lightning and thunder! I am very sorry your Mom fell down and got hurt, and her glasses too. I sure hope she will be OK. And I hope she can get her glasses fixed, because they look cute.

Anonymous said...

I don't like thunder storms either!! I get very scared and even though mom tries to tell me its o.k., I don't believe her!

Hope your mom is o.k.

Ninja

Monty Q. Kat said...

Sounds like nobody had a good afternoon, I hope everyone is alright now!

Parker said...

Oh No! That's terrible for your Mom! I hope she feels better today and I hope you are feeling safe now. Those storms are no fun, no fun at all!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That sounds very scary, Millie! Your poor mom! I'm glad she wasn't badly hurt. I hope she can get her glasses fixed.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh no, we hope yoor mom is okay! Take good care of her. We find that under the kwilt on da day bed or under the couch are good places to hide when it booms outside.

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

yup we been having alot those crackand boom stroms in New elengland lately we had one yesterday it was about 5 mins then we had one the nigt before we dont like them eather mama seid welcome to summer in New enlangadnd

I in love wiff my grizzy quilt I wont get off it I sleep on it I love it so much !!! I have to send picyters latter I trying to corated my warddrobe to match my grizzy quilt

Anonymous said...

oh NO Millie - I am sorry you all had a horrible time, but I hope most of all your Mum is o.k. I'm sending her lotsa purrs.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We hope your Mom is not too sore today and feels better soon. We think if you and Jasmine snuggle with her that that should help. Purrs.

The M's said...

Storms can be loud and scarey, we hope that your Mom will feel better quickly. Glad she didn't break anything.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh no Millie!!! that's awful! how is your mommy this morning? our mommy's mommy has that perosis fing and she hadded to haf awful horrible oper-way-shuns on her spine a couple of years ago. tell your sweet mommy to take care of herself!!! - Sammy

Lux said...

That sounds like some storm! We all hate them, too, and crawl into bed with Mom usually. I hope your mom doesn't ache from her fall!

Zoey and the furballs said...

Oh my. We're very happy that you survive the vicious storm. They are awful. We hide in them too. We're really sorry to hear that your mom fell. Wet floors are terrible; our mommy slips on them all the time. We hope that your mommy's feeling better today. Give your mom purrs for us.

Victor Tabbycat said...

We've had storms like that! The hail left little dents in Dad's metal monster an he had to getted it fixed. Sorry bout yur mom's fall an glasses. My man has glasses alla time an my boy when he reads, but Mom only wears dark glasses fur outside.
PS Closets are good hidin places if Jasmine won't let you hide unner the bed wif her.

Darling Millie said...

Victor--- You are the bomb! Closets! OF COURSE!

Thanks so much!

Just Ducky said...

Millie the hail part is the worst. I don't mind the thunderboomers, but hail? no way. We had furry bad hail last April 2006. It was nearly 2 inches big.

Hope your mum feels better. Falling is not good for our mum's.

Milton said...

Oh, Millie, that sounds awful!! Mine mombean grew up in mass-achoo-zits and she told me those storms can be just the scariest.

I hope your mombean gets her glasses fixed. Mine mombean wears 2 different glasses and has one or the other on all the time. she gets cranky when I knock them off the nightstand.

---Beezer

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow, we get some of them thunderboomers, too. Makes me hide under the bed and even Tigger comes inside. I hope your Mom is okay. Falling is scary, my mom says. Have a good week.
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

sammawow said...

Oh my goodness, we hope that your mom is ok now! And we hate those thunder booms too - hiding under the bed is a great idea. Or we go in the basement so we are farther away from the flashy lightning and the booms.

Purrrrrs, China Cat & Willow