Wednesday, August 23, 2006

She got me!


I was following Gizzy around tonight after dinner and my little after dinner nap. He isn't very happy about it, but I like him so much I just want to rub myself all over him. Tonight he walked over to the Lady's recliner in the picture box room, reached up, stretched, scratched and then jumped up near her. Since I want to do what Gizzy does, I did the same thing. Except the Lady caught me and held me close! "It's okay, Millie, it's okay..." she kept saying, except I didn't feel the least bit okay. She got up and carried me around and then went back to the chair. She set me on my back between her legs and then used some contraption to trim the sharp bits of my claws! I tried to get loose, but she kept telling me it was okay, even though it wasn't! I wasn't happy and I know I scratched her up. But she got all my claws. She tried to tell me that now I wouldn't get stuck on anything, but that didn't make me feel any better. When she was finished, she rubbed my back and set me down gently telling me I was a good girl. No kidding I'm a good girl, I already KNOW that!

So I ran under the couch, where there just happens to be a nice soft warm blanket. A few minutes later I heard crinkling, and what do you know, both cats went running to her. Then she came to find me and stretched out on her hand to me were some really good smelling treats. I didn't hiss, I actually licked her fingers to get the good tiny bits before I started eating the treats. I ate all the treats she had for me. By that time Jasmine had come around asking for more and hissing at me. What a pest.

Anyway, here is a picture of me working on my blog. OK, I'm having a little trouble with the mouse, but can anybody tell me they never have any trouble with those? And seriously, this is just not my idea of a mouse.

5 comments:

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Nail clipping time, the WORST ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh, No! Cliping your nails! Just when you were starting to trust her! It's Ok Millie, I promise that it hurt her more than you. She is a very nice Lady and you should purr again for her soon

Anonymous said...

Clawclippies hurt a teeny bit when Mommahooman does it, but the Middlehooman cuddles us while we get clippies and we always get treatsies after and then we don't get stuck so much in the curtains when we jump into the windows. So we likes clawclippies. We just can't let Mommahooman know that.

Just watch out for the wet stuff in the litterbox room! Mommahooman keeps spraying us and making us look like drownded sewer rats. We get towelcuddles and treatsies, but we don't like the wetstuff.

Pumpkin said...

Momma clipped my claws the offur night and it didn't hurt. I watched her when she did my fronts but when she did the backs, it tickled and I gave her bunny kicks.

Pumpkin

Zeus said...

I think our human pet gave up on trimming our claws. She only trims them if she's about to have us go to the vet or for a bath. Otherwise, she let's us deal with it!