Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tell Me Tuesday

Friends, I need some advice.


I got an email from Maureen, who works for the Breeze Litterbox System. She wants me to try it out and (presumably) tell the world how wonderful it is. I have read Max's story, and Skeeter, LC & Ayla's about the Breeze Box, and they didn't like it much.

Mom said the system got rave reviews on Amazon, where 86% of reviewers gave it 5 stars (that's 13 out of 15).

But we're not so sure.

For one thing, being formerly feral and all, I don't like new things much. And I don't track kitty litter all over the house, like Gizzy used to. And Mom says my box only stinks when I use it, and I cover everything up really well.

And of course, Mom likes to use the empty kitty litter tubs as planting pots for Basil and the other gross green yukky stuff she loves so much.

And Mom is "frugal." Which means she doesn't like to give away more green papers than she has to. Right now I have two litterboxes. One in the sewing room (I only pee in that one) and the other one in Mom's litterbox room, which I use for... well, you know.

So, what do you think? If you've used the Breeze System, let us know (in the comments) what you think. Did it work, or not? Do you cats like it or not? Is it more expensive than regular clumping litter? Does it really eliminate the smell?

Thanks!


(And Missy, ML, Nikki and Ollie, you guys are 100% right. That was Tux, the Linux penguin testing out -my- pocket on the backpack Mom made.)

15 comments:

Max said...

We still won't use it, but I think it's worth trying. If she can get you to use it, changing the pee pads is really easy, scooping poop is easier, and while the pellets cost more than litter, you won't need to change that as often.

The Woman wonders if she should have just done like the Meezer's mom did--just swap boxes, and make us use it. She thinks I probably would have just pooped on the floor, but she kinda wonders... They're using it. So maybe she had the right idea.

Motor Home Cats said...

We don't know about that or not. We would say go for it - if it doesn't work, you can always go back to what you were doing, and the breeze box is free to try, right?

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Anonymous said...

Mom always says "if it's not broke, don't fix it." So we just have our plain old Rubbermaid tall dishpan and Wal-Mart brand plain old litter. We like it just fine, and Mom likes the tall pan because it keeps all the litter in it.

Karen said...

My mommy was looking at this for us the other day. She was intrigued by it. I would say try it and see what happens

The Meezers or Billy said...

as Max said, we are using ours. In fact, mommy wants to get another one so that we have 3. Max is right, changing the pee pads is really easy and you only need to add pellets once in a while for the poos. Mommy just swapped our boxes so we had no choice but to use it. It's worth a try if Maureen wants to send you one for free!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Our Mom has been thinking about trying it, because we DO track litter all over the floor. However she decided to wait until after we move. Ooops, I just let slip a big secret *whispers* we are moving to another state!

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean wants to try it out, but I need a cover of some sort.

::smootchies::

Does your Mom make earmuffs?

LZ said...

Yeah we bought our Breeze at the store. Kaze and I will pee in it but that's it. Its still too weird. Though someone did actually yak into it yesterday. I'd say try it Millie but we're still totally unimpressed.

Chase

Lone Star Purrs said...

We fink that if'n it's free...give it a shot! Momma wuz lookin' at them fur us. We used to haf a littermaid fur years until it broked. Now, we just haf a regular box. Momma misses the ease of the littermaid.
::purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

pee ess- we'll take it if'n you don't like/want it!

Daisy said...

My Mommie wishes we would both use it because it is so neat and clean! The big pellets stay inside the box, and the pads are really easy to change. Pixie goes potty all the time because she takes Lasix, and she loves the Breeze box for going potty. Neither of us will go poop in there though.

Lux said...

I can't help you out with a decision, cuz we only know what we've read on other blogs ...

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yeah, well, we gots da offer too but we don't think it will work fur us cuz of Speedy skwirts problem. But really, yoo should try it out, yoo gots nothing to lose.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I dunno 'bout that Breeze box ... I've never seen or heard of (an' have never used) one of those. I guess that you could try it if you wanted to ...
DMM

momsbusy said...

mommees ansered a survey about the breeze system from a link on catster and won the system. she has been workin lots so we hasnts tried it yet. we all trak thru the house. she likes wat it says abouts not trakin.

y2k

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

We had to use the pellet type litter on several occasions and the cats refused to poop; think it is because they can't really dig and cover it up. They avoided the litter box with the pellets if at all possible.
I've looked at the system as well, almost purchased it, but always remember how they disliked the pellet type litter. It looks so good and would definitely mean no tracking.