Friday, January 25, 2008
Mom is always happy when Fridays come around. Except she will have to go day hunting on Saturday, for which she is seriously bummed. Anyway, here are some random facts I have been collecting this week:
1. The broken kitchen window has been replaced. Turns out it was a custom size and had to be made special. That's why it took so long.
2. Mom went to the dentist for her crown. I don't understand what a dentist has to do with a crown, and I didn't see her wearing a crown. I was really looking forward to playing with it. She says she has a "temporary crown" and she will get the real one in a month.
3. She says the dentist looked and found another place where she would need a crown. But he fixed it so she can get this other crown next year. Dunno why, she has only one head, why does she need more than one crown?
4. Last year at this time she was getting ready to go to Texas. The shindig this year is in SanDiego, home of Daisy Mae Maus and the Feline Americans, but Mom is staying home this year. She's seriously bummed out about that too.
5. Mr Karate & the Boy will play their cellos together in a recital on Sunday. Mr Karate told Mom to bring her earplugs. Huh?
6. Mom was quite surprised when Tsonga beat Nadal in straight sets at the Australian Open. She was also surprised when Djokovic beat Federer.
7. She was really saddened to learn that Heath Ledger died.
8. I am not sleeping on Mom's bed at night. Been there, done that.
9. Of course, I had to sleep there last night because, well, you know.
10. Marty is settling in at his new home at the top of Mount Washington.
As you can see.