When Mom, Mr Karate, Mimmay and Pippay sit down to Thanksgiving dinner today, they will hold hands and each will tell what they are thankful for. Here are some of the things for which I am thankful:
1. Life. I am thankful for being alive. I had been hit by a car, and would surely have died had Malcolm not rescued me.
2. Food. I have access to good food and fresh water each day. Feral cats do not. Even some beans don't have that.
3. Shelter. It's nice to have a safe place. It's even nicer when it is warm and dry and away from the elements.
4. Medical Care. Even though us cats hate the v-e-t visits, they keep us healthy with immunizations and medicine. In many cases, the v-e-t-s are lifesavers; they saved Chance, Lilly Lu, and many others, including me.
5. Comfort. I am thankful that I have Mom to give me pets and scritches when I want. Last night, for example, she came home from her day hunting and lay down on her bed near me. I snuggled next to her and she petted me to my heart's content. I purred and purred and purred.
6. Love. Mom doesn't just give me what I -need- she gives me extra stuff just because she loves me. I have a beautiful Gizzy Quilt, I have toys, I have a heated cat cup, I get treats.
7. Family. I am a member of a loving extended family that includes Mom & Mr Karate, Mimmay & Pippay, the Karate Lady, Mr Big & Little Mr Big (aka the Boy). Family members love you no matter what.
8. Friends. When I came to live here, there were two older geezer cats, Gizzy and Jasmine. Gizzy became my dearest friend. Now I have many friends. Even, -gasp- some woofies!
9. Play. I am lucky enough to have fun toys to play with. It sure does make life interesting.
10. Meaningful Work. I have the very important job of doing Quality Assurance on each and every Gizzy Quilt that Mom makes. I love my job.
11. Blogging. Never in a squillion years would I have ever imagined I would have friends all over the world! It wouldn't have happened without my very own blog. I love sharing my stories with you, and reading yours.
12. The Cat Blogosphere. The cats and their beans in the blogosphere are the most thoughtful, caring, considerate, helpful creatures on the planet, and I am proud to be a member. Together we have helped save lives, raised money for an injured babybean and had a lot of fun. Mom and I are very thankful for the outpouring of sympathy we received when Gizzy and Jasmine each went to the Rainbow Bridge this year.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!