Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday 'Nip Update

Mom stole some of my 'Nip from my 'Nip plant. See, it looks like she gave it a bad haircut. She says she was "harvesting" it. Yeah sure.
She tied it all up and hung it in the hallway. This is what it looked like when she cut it:
And this is what it looked like this morning, all droopy:I told her she had to take it down, that it was DYING! Mom told me not to get my knickers in a twist, that the plant was still growing, and now looks like this:
That made me feel a -tiny- bit better, but then I saw this picture (which I borrowed from Kelly's blog)

And now I am so jealous I practically can't stand it. LOOKIT ALL THAT WONDERFUL NIP! It is surrounding Kelly! I wish I could roll around in my very own Nip patch. That's what I want NEXT year... a giant Nip patch I can roll around in.

MO-oooooooommmm!

(And what the heck is this talk about knickers anyway?)



PS, Dragonheart posted pictures of his Gizzy quilt over at Bizzy for Gizzy. Go check it out!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if my cat family is not normal but they don't like cat nip or better said, they just ignore it. I bought some they all came to sniff and then went away looking bored !

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dat is how ours grows! It's down da hill by da fence, and we don't get to roll in it eether! Mom brings a bunch into the garage and dries it out, but she will always bring in a few sprigs fur us to enjoy...

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Your 'nip looks great Millie! You are lucky to have it. Both of my humans have black thumbs, so they can't grow anything. Which means no fresh 'nip for me.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww, it grows very good~!
You get the fresh nip are so great~!

Tyler said...

Millie, at least you HAVE a nip plant. Some people's beans don't grow them any nip at ALL. Which makes some kitties wondering if it's time to march and find a house owned by beans that know how to spoil a cat in style. Umm, do you happen to know Kelly's address or if maybe she needs a handsome black mancat to roll in the big old nip plant?

Lux said...

I don't think you need worry; it looks to me like you've got lots of nip coming your way! But, wow, that *is a lot of nip in Kelly's yard.

Milton said...

Wow, Millie!
I'm furry impressed, your mom is a great farmer. My nip plants are only a inch tall. I hope they grow fast.
I think that the bit that your mombean cut off will be saved for latter. Like in the middle of winter she'll bring some out for you to enjoy. Won't that be great?!
---Beezer

Fox's Mom said...

Hi Millie,

Kelly looks very ferocious, is that what nip does? Maybe I should try it. You know, just in case my people decides to let another dog move in someday. A woofer would know who is boss if I made that face!

Mozart

Samantha & Mom said...

Maybe by next year you can have as much nip as Kellie has outside! You Mom seems like a great gardener.I wouldn't want to be in Kellie's way in that picture!!
Your FL furiends,

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Millie:
My mom took some of my 'nip an' she washed it. Then she took the leaves from the 'nip stalks an' placed them in a single layer atop a piece of paper towel. She put the paper towel in the microwave and nuked the 'nip for 65 seconds. When she took the 'nip out, the 'nip was completely dry an' Mom crumbled the 'nip up an' put it on our incline scratcher. It was the BEST 'NIP EVER!

DMM

Shaggy and Scout said...

Moooooooooommmmmmmm!
We want a nip garden! Does it need shade to grow? Or does it like sun?
We like the mr karate picture below and made a comment there too.