Sunday, May 27, 2007

Firecracker Firecraker BANG! BANG!

I do NOT like firecrackers. The not-so-little sticky people next door were lighting firecrackers last night. I was in the window hammock looking outside, listening to the nighttime sounds and smelling the nighttime smells. Mom was sewing. It was really nice and peaceful.

Suddenly a series of pops, bangs, and very loud explosions interrupted the quiet. I was so surprised and frightened that I jumped out of the cat hammock and ran away to find a safe place to hide.

The safest place I could think of was under Mom's bed. And it would have been a good spot, had not Jasmine been under there, also hiding from the firecrackers. She hissed at me, at I let her, because I was more scared of the firecrackers than I was of her.

She didn't like that much and tried to attack me. I moved away from her, and scooted between the two big boxes Mom has under the bed. Neither Jasmine nor the firecrackers could get me there.

I hate firecrackers.

I can live without lawnmowers too, come to think of it. And leaf blowers.

12 comments:

Parker said...

Awwwww, I HATE them too! I'll bet this is a bad weekend for the firecrackers. We really hate the 4th of July for the same reason!

Monty Q. Kat said...

I'M COMING TO PROTECT YOU MILLIE!!!

Darling Millie said...

giggle
Thanks Monty.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dem not so little sticky beans is da worst. If they are out there making noise after 11 mom will go out and find them and remind them that it's after curfew, but it doesn't happen that often. The moms on our street are in charge and the kids lissen cuz dey is scared of getting into trubbul. We is sorry yoo gots scared like dat.

Anonymous said...

Millie,

I hate firecrackers too.I was laying by the kitchen window when the idiot kid upstairs threw one out of his window.It hit our window sill with a loud bang scaring me out of my wits.
Thank god our window had a screen.

Daisy said...

I hate firecrackers too! One year, Pixie went CRAZY because of them. She screamed and ran blindly around the house running into walls she was so scairt. And she pooped right where she was!

Anonymous said...

I hate fireworks too, they are too loud and scarey. I'm an insidey cat so don't get to meet lawnmowers or their noises.

Anonymous said...

Maddie does a pretty good job of ignoring them; if there are a lot of fireworks/firecrackers, Kona will give up and slink under the bed; Wiley *growls* at the noise and crawls under the bed too. Luckily, Wiley and Kona can co-exist under the bed. But they all get so stressed; I don't like fireworks/firecrackers. :-(

Just Ducky said...

So far I haven't gotten too stressed from firecrackers, fireworks or thunderboomies. But those beans need to have more respect for the people they live by.

Zoey and the furballs said...

I don't like firecrackers either. I don't know about the furballs because they weren't around the last time someone here set one off but they didn't like the thunder a few weeks ago so I expect they won't like them either. Is there room in your hidey spot for a cat and three furballs. (The furballs don't take up much space).

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Ohhh we think fire crackers are terrible. And dangerous. We would hide too. And that lawn tractor... ugh. Purrs!

Anonymous said...

We don't have very many little sticky beans in our neighborhood but you still gotta be aware. Mom has grandbeans and when they come over we all hide. Under the bed is a good place cause they can't get us. We go under the bed when theres leaf blowers noise and thunderboom noise.