Friday, January 05, 2007

5 Month Gotcha-versary


Wow.

I have lived with the Lady and Gizzy and Jasmine here in New Hampster for over half my life. I lived three months on the streets of Connecticat, a month with Malcolm and a week with Dan and Maggie. I am about 9 months old, and the last time the Lady weighed me, I was 6 pounds. She thinks I'm bigger now.

I run all over the place, at top speed. I've climbed to the top of everything I can reach, and so far only three six-foot tall bookcases and the top of the coldbox have eluded me. I've investigated all the closets, all the counters. I've been inside the dishwasher, and have been closed in a drawer. (By accident. When the Lady opened the drawer a few minutes later, she was surprised by Millie the Rocket.) I let the Lady pet me every day, and I follow her around. I come when she calls my name. (Go figure) Mr Karate pets me now, and the Lady's mom, too. I don't hide when new people come visit. But I don't stay long either.

The Lady can sometimes pet me with both hands at once, but I will not let her hands get too close to my belly, and I don't let her touch my feet. She can't pick me up, and I won't sit next to her. I still love Gizzy, and fight with Jasmine. That's been getting a bit heated lately. We are having territorial wars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my 177th post in 153 days. I have posted every day since October 26, 2006 without missing a day. The Lady tested a counter last month and we found an average of 40 visitors a day. 40 x 153 is over 6,000. (We wish we had installed a counter at the very beginning.) We've had visitors from all over the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand. We've had visitors from Mexico, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Hungary, Germany, Iceland, Romania, Brazil, South Africa, Korea, India and Oman.

The Lady has discovered she is a closet writer. Your comments tell us you think she's funny. Every day she wonders what we'll write about. Every day, I give her an idea. At first, she had trouble with the Thursday Thirteens. Now she's got ideas for two or three in the works. She's going to be traveling to Texas on business in two weeks, and she's wants to have blogs ready. How will we blog about me in New Hampster while she's in Texcats? Guess you're just gonna have to find out on your own. (Mr Karate will be staying here, taking care of us while she is away.)

It's been fun. For both of us.

13 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Happy 5 Month Gotcha-versary! :) You certainly have had a lot of visitors! :)

Anonymous said...

Millie, I LOVE the way the Lady writes. It's like you are burrowing into her brain and she's writing exactly what you are thinking. Love it.

Taffy, Puff, Pixie, Smoky and Buddy's Mom

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Happy 5 month Gotcha Day sweetie.

You already know we love your blog and we read it every day. Keep them coming.

Christine and FAZ said...

keep on blogging!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We remember you when you were a wee hurt kitten at Malcolm's place. You have grown so much and matured so nicely! Keep trying for the 6 foot bookshelves...you'll make it!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Millie and thanks for stopping by Feline Fine.

I totally agree about not letting the lady touch you on your stomach.

It sounds like you're really "coming into yourself" these days and that's so exciting.

I hope you make peace with Jasmine.

love, Pearl

Ivan from WMD said...

Hi Millie, it's me, William. Thanks for playing my contest--it doesn't matter if you'd ever left a comment or not because you have a blog!

I didn't know you had one but I sure know about you. I read all about you when Malcolm was taking care of you. I'm so glad you're happy in your forever home!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow, has it been that long. I only seems like yesterday that mom put a jar on her desk with your piksher on it and posted yoor story on the wall above it. Lots of people from her work read your bloggie too. I'm so glad for you. And you do have a very good bloggy.

Just Ducky said...

Happy Gotcha-versary Millie. We are all so happy that you found your furever home and are happy.

Give the big cold box time. I can jump on top of mine, but I go to the counter first. So two jumps. Get bigger and keep practicing your jumps.

Yes, mum does Soduko, mostly online versus the book. She is furry fond of Jane Austen too.

Lux said...

Happy Gotchaversary, Millie! I'm glad you were gotten!

Anonymous said...

It's been fun for us too. We all wanted you to get a great home, which you did, but having the chance to watch you grow up too has been an extra special pleasure. By the way, I've been practicing tonight, and I can jump straight up and touch a spot on the wall 4' up...so far.
Midnight

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha-versary.

prairiesunshine said...

we are berry berry prowd of you!

angel n taz