Thursday, November 16, 2006

Jasmine Speaks Out


Jasmine here. I decided that you all need a break from miss fancypants. Well, maybe you just need to hear from somebody else in this house.

I wasn't feral like Millie, and I wasn't a stray like Gizzy. I was born into a family and when I was big enough a lady and her little sticky person came to visit. They selected me instead of my rowdier brother. When I was ready a couple of weeks later, I went to their home, and I have been living here ever since.

Gizzy wasn't happy to see me at first, but we became good pals. We had a lot of fun together, wrestling and playing. Gizzy was really Mr Karate's cat; sleeping on his bed with him and hanging out with him. I slept on the Lady's bed, and I was the Lady's special cat. This worked out well until Mr Karate went away for a summer. All of a sudden, Gizzy was alone and he had to fight me for attention from the Lady and the right to sleep on the Lady's bed at night.

Mr Karate came back, but a year later he left again. He came back for a little while, but left again. He did that for a long time, and finally he left for good. Gizzy had taken to sitting in the Lady's lap every night, something he hadn't done for years and years. He wasn't Mr Karate's anymore. We both belonged to the Lady, and took turns sitting in her lap every day and sleeping on her bed at night.

So that was Life around here until little miss fancypants moved in. Now Gizzy and I have to fight just to find a quiet place to nap.

If Millie thinks she's going to be the boss of this place just because she can run faster and jump higher, she's mistaken. The Lady is MY person, and I'm not going to let Millie take over my spot. I'm not a cranky old grouchy cat. I'm a shy cat and I like my quiet life. I don't want to be pushed out. And I'll fight for it if I have to. Don't any of you cats tell me you'd act any differently.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jasmine,

You don't have to worry about being pushed out of the family that you love. The Lady has a big heart and there is room for all of you in it.

Just think of Millie as a new friend that you can play with.

Katnippia said...

Jasmine, I don't finks Millie wants to push you out. I just finks she wants you to let her in your family, and be her friend. Don't you remember what it was likez when you were the new kitty to the house? - Sia

Anonymous said...

Jasmine, I'm sure you are still the Lady's very special cat. So don't worry about Millie. The Lady will always have a special time for you.

Anonymous said...

Jasmine, you *are* the queen of the house! I don't think Millie will ever forget that. and if she does, you just give her the paw. She's still young and learning.
---Beezer

Mr. Hendrix said...

Oh sweet Jasmine, you don't haf to worry about MIllie taking over, your mommy loves you lots and lots. We all love seeing your pictures and reading about you and Gizzy too!!