Saturday, August 19, 2006

A warm Saturday

It was warm today, and I spent most of it snoozing in my new hiding spot under the Lady's recliner. I could hear the Lady doing something or other all over the place. I could smell funky smells and hear sounds I don't usually hear. What the heck was going on anyway? Usually she goes after breakfast and it's quiet all day until she comes back to feed us. Today she was here all day coming in, going out, making all kinds of fuss. None of it bothered me until the Rug Sucking Monster came out. Holy Moley! Why in the world did she feel the need to let that damn thing loose in here for? I thought the house was going to explode! First Jasmine came running by, and had the decency to warn me as she ran into the studio to get away from the rug sucking in the Lady's room. I ignored her, because frankly, she's been rude to me since I got here. But heavens to betsy (who's betsy?) if the darn thing didn't come in here and start bumping against the recliner. Fortunately I was able to escape before the thing sucked the recliner away.

After about three hours, and well past my regular dinnertime, I felt safe enough to come out of the other hiding spot. Of course, the Lady dumped a little kittycrack just outside my other hiding spot to encourage me. I'm not proud, I came out and had some kittycrack. Heck, I think I deserved it.

After dinner, Gizzy and I played a while. OK, I ran around him and he tried to keep me away. But we had some fun. All right -I- had some fun.

Come to think of it, the place smells different since the Lady's been busy all day. It smells ok, but a whole lot less interesting. The floor is slipperier, the counters cleaner (guess how I know that ) and my toys aren't scattered all over the house. Guess -I- have work to do now.

w00t!

6 comments:

Emma's Kat said...

Benji's the only one terrified of the vacuum monster in our house. Surprisingly(sp?), everyone else is...okay with it. Glad you and Gizzy, I mean you had fun w/Gizzy! He'll come around. And if he doesn't, you can still have fun running and dodging him! :)

Rascal said...

Poor Millie. So they have a kitty monster too. Why in the world humans keep those things is beyond me.

Glad to hear you are having some fun. You are doing a good job adjusting.

Ayla said...

Kittycrack is a Good Thing. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Also the rug sucking monster is evil and it's a good thing you were able to escape. I hate that monster too but luckily the Mom doesn't use it too much.

Meowers from Missouri said...

good grief! how brave you are!! sometimes i don't come back out until the next day, when the sucker-monster comes through!

it is nice to know that you are geteting on with gizzy, and are not so spastic in general anymore. i wish i could be brave like you.

enjoy that kittycrack with all your might. if they dole it out at your house as infrequently as they do here, you'd better snuffle-lick-chew-slurp up every last drip and drab of it!!

your timid friend, xing lu

Shaggy and Scout said...

Sucking monster! The terror of our house!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hate that sucky monster too. We runs out of the bedroom window and into our safe outdoors cage when it comes out. We fink it may eat kitties, but we don't wait to find out.