Tuesday, August 22, 2006

more of this petting business

Gizzy has been trying to eat my stinky goodness. Last night after I had my dinner, he came over and ate some. The Lady got mad at him and moved my food tray. But I think he ate more later because there wasn't any left by the Lady's bedtime. So she opened another package just for me. I was so hungry I started eating it before she was finished. I let her pet me on the head and ears, then she pet me on my whole back. She even scratched me near my tail. Her hand was warm. I had to look up at her a couple of times, but I did settle down to be more comfortable and she kept petting me gently. She said I was pretty and that my fur was nice and soft.

Last night I got hissed at again by both cats. I just don't understand how come they don't want to play. There are so many cool toys here. The lady even gave me some nice mousies that she dipped in kittycrack. OH, those were Fun!

This morning, when the Lady fed me, she stayed right there, and petted me some more. I had to back up and look at her a coupla times, but she didn't try to pick me up or anything, so I went back to eating and she went back to petting me on my back. I haven't purred for her yet.

Later I went running up to the sink in the litter box room where Gizzy was drinking. I do it just the way he does, by jumping on the Lady's litter box first, then to the sink. Except I can do it really really fast. Faster than Gizzy! Gizzy moved away and hissed. The Lady was standing RIGHT THERE, watching. Then she said to me, "Millie, you are bothering Gizzy. Let him have his drink in peace. He has told you to leave him alone." Yeah, but, that's no fun.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah it sounds as if you are getting to like your lady. I am so pleased. When we had feral kittens, we had managed to get all but one purring. I remember the thrill when we heard a tiny little rumbling purr out of her for the first time - magical. Now she purrs all the time, and she has a lovely, really low, husky purr :O)

The Meezers or Billy said...

good job letting the lady pet you! Soon enuf you will be purring for her.
Sometimes older cats forget what it's like to be a kitten and the forget how to play like one.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Scout learned from Scooby how to drink from the faucet. He is quite rude & pushes him aside to get to it. Millie is making great headway in the petting issue! That has got to be a bionic leg!

Emma's Kat said...

Isn't it nice to get pets?! You will get more and more comfortable with it! And, just a thought, but if Gizzy and Jasmine don't start playing w/you soon, just ask your mommie for a kitten of your own!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Hooray! You let the lady pet you! See, I told you it wasn't so bad. And I'm sure it made your lady very happy.
LOL, yes ask your Lady for your own kitten, thats a very good idea, but I'm not sure your Lady will approve of us giving you that idea.

Anonymous said...

Getting your own kitty is a great idea!! That way the older kitties can do their old kitty stuff and you guys can do your thing!! Hopefully the Lady is listening...

Victor Tabbycat said...

What is it bout older cats? I keep tryin to play wif Bonnie, an she hisses and growls, an all I hear from Mom is, "Victor, leaf Bonnie alone." WHY?

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Petties are nice. Didn't we all tell you? Wait til cold weather and you might even like snuggling, too. The lady will be warm and you will like it.

Some older cats don't like to play anymore. Like they forgot how to do it. Maybe when you are all settled together, the lady will give you a little kitty brother or sister so that you have someone closer to your age to play with.

Millie said...

The Lady says, and I quote "There is no way in hell I'm getting ANOTHER kitten. NO WAY, UN UNH, NO, NO, NO... NOT gonna happen. I am NOT going to have four cats in the house."

Frostin said...

Funny, but that sounds very much like what you said about letting the Lady touch you and now you let her pet you. ;)

momsbusy said...

good for you millie! lettin the lady pet you. soon you'll see that lettin the lady pet you will bring good things to you like snuggles and kisses.

Millie said...

Dear Frostin,

Your comments to Millie are quite true. The difference is she can't let other cats into this house. I have the keys. Until she grows opposable thumbs and can reach the lock on the door, I'm in control.

Of course, with three cats in the house, we all know they rule the roost and I simply provide food, entertainment, clean litterboxes, free medical care and many places for the various cats to nap. And of course, the computers, so Millie can keep her fanbase informed of her every move.

-- The Lady
who will absolutely not, under any circumstances whatsoever, bring another kitten into the house. Period

Millie said...

oh yeah, that'll go over real big.